Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's Day Mishap

April Fool's Day has always been a somewhat traumatic day for me. When I was younger, my older sister loved to torment me and play pranks on me, even when it wasn't a holiday calling for such behavior. She would force feed me crayons and claim they were medicine, sign me into servitude, and blame me for absolutely everything. Needless to say, I was scared out of my wits come April Fool's Day. One year, I begged and begged my sister not to do anything in the middle of the night as a prank and, even though she promised she wouldn't, I was still in terror as I fell asleep. In my innocent slumber, I felt a pricking on my forehead. I batted it away and it persisted, getting more and more irritating. Finally it woke me up and as I turned around me to see what it was, I saw a dark figure dart below my headboard. Terrified that someone had broken into my house and was trying to kidnap and/or kill me, I screamed out bloody murder for my mom. Sure enough, my sister popped up from below my bed and told me to stop screaming. Now, just to give a bit of background information, I had a rash the previous few days and my arms were itchy. My sister thought it would be hilarious to paint little red dots all over my face, cover me in baby powder to make me look pale, and spray hair spray around my face so I didn't feel well and thought I had the chickenpox. This was hands down, one of the most terrifying ways I could have woken up that night. So please, enjoy this holiday responsibly and try not to traumatize your siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment