Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hotdog Pasta... Better than you Think

I've been trying more and more to teach myself to cook and, although there have definitely been some cooking disasters, this one actually turned out pretty well. Do you like hotdogs? Do you like pasta? Why not combine the two?! Here's what you'll need:

Hotdogs (Turkey weiners, or ham could also work...or bratwurst)
Ketchup
Mayonnaise
Noodles
Onion
Pickles
Relish

As most cooking experiments usually start, I searched through the cupboards and refrigerator for anything I could find that might work well together. I found some miniature turkey weiners, pasta noodles, relish, and other typical hotdog fixings. Actual hotdogs may have worked better, but I found the turkey the be pretty great. We had all the makings for hotdogs except the buns. I figured, buns are a bread/carb. Noodles are a bread-like thing/carb. I suppose that could substitute. So, I cooked the noodles and turkey weiners. I mixed ketchup and a bit of mayo to make a kind of hotdog spaghetti sauce and threw it in with the noodles until I got to consistency I wanted. Then, I cut up the turkey and some onions and threw it in. I threw in a little relish and pickles and voila! Hotdog pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment